Documents in PDF Form will open in a new window (Get Acrobat Reader)
Unofficial WCWA member resources can be found on our Blogs, Forums, and Video Links page.
By Direction of the Treasurier- no further On-line Registrations will be processed.... Use the paper forms for registration until further notice.
Rules and Regulations
Membership Forms and Safety Waivers
Adult Membership Form and Safety Waiver (Revised for 2013)
Safety Rules and Test
Joining or Renewing Your Membership- You may also go to Enlist and Register online.
1. Complete a Membership Form and Safety Waiver for each member of your household.
Membership runs for one year (January through December) and must be renewed annually.
2. Send your Membership Form and annual membership dues ($25/individual age 18 or older, $15/individual 12-17 years of age, up to $40/family) to your unit commander. Individual member companies may also charge additional dues.
Don't know who your unit commander is? Check the Union or Confederate or Civilian contact page.
3. COMMANDERS: Send completed Membership Forms, changes, and corrections to theWCWA Treasurer:
4. Read WCWA Safety Standards.
As of 2010, every new WCWA member at least twelve (12) years old must complete the basic safety test after joining. (Individual units may require periodic tests of all members.) In addition, artillery reenactors and those working with artillery must complete the artillery test, engineers and those working with special effects must complete the engineer test, and cavalry and others working with horses must complete the cavalry test. Reenactors are welcome to complete tests outside of their specialty to increase their understanding of safety procedures. Safety tests must be administered by unit commanders or those appointed by the unit commander; specialty tests must be administered by a unit commander in that field of expertise. Copies of completed safety tests will be kept by the unit commander for verification upon request.
4. Download the Safety Test and Score Sheet (links above).
5. Complete General Safety Test (required for all members 12 years and older).
6. Complete the Artillery, Cavalry and Engineering Tests, as required for your unit.
7. We no longer use Membership Cards. A roster will be sent to each event. If you are not on that list, alert your Commander or unit rep. If the roster information is incorrect, make a note on roster.